Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday - Oscar and Maud Helton




I took this picture when I went to Florida to visit my grandparents. Oscar Marion Helton and Maud Landrum were my maternal grandmother's parents. He was born on 23 Jan 1894 in Pomeroyton, Menifee, Kentucky to James Marshall Helton and Sarah Elizabeth Peck. She was born on 17 Feb 1897 in Toliver, Wolfe, Kentucky to William Jackson Landrum and Sarah Ella Lackey. They both died in Plant City, Florida. He died 4 Feb 1968 when I was about 3. She died 17 Jan 1991. I remember going to her house for Thanksgiving dinner when I was a kid. She was an awesome cook.


The house they lived in is gone now. I'm trying to find a picture of it for my records. I didn't see any when I was looking through my grandmother's photo albums.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Tina, for visiting my blog today and leaving such a sweet comment about my scrapbook page! I envy you traveling to Florida to find the graves of your grandparents. My husband and I want to go back to Orlando and find his grandparents and g-grandmother who are buried there. Maybe one day!

    You mentioned you went to the state parks in Texas and at Possum Kingdom. Please look at my cousin's blog, Camp Across Texas with Skip & Kay. I think you'll enjoy it. Tell her I sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Judith. I like your cousin's blog. Thanks for telling me about it. The pictures of Possum Kingdom Lake reminded me of a couple of camping trips my husband and I took.

    ReplyDelete